In priority order:
- Read the citations and check your work is acknowledged. Check that your name is spelled correctly; reject, if necessary.
- Read the author list. Check if there are open obligations and running feuds; reject or accept, if necessary.
- Read the abstract in less than 1 minute; if you do not understand the full paper from it, conclude that author is mentally deficient and reject.
- Now that decision has been made, scan full paper selectively for evidence of your decision.
- A good sort of reason to use is that the authors solved the wrong problem; i.e. one which you have not made any contribution to the solution of and is thus unimportant.